|Administrative Positions at
- Director of the Peace & Justice Studies program:
fall 2014 - spring 2015. This is a newly approved minor
at Fordham. The transition from a Certificate Program to
a Minor takes place during this academic year.
- Member of the Managing Group of the Fordham
Social Innovation Collaboratory (FSIC):
spring 2014 - on. FSIC is the official body within the
Consortium for Social Justice that manages our Ashoka
Changemaker programs in social innovation.
- Associate Chair of Undergraduate Studies at Lincoln
Center: fall 2005 - spring 2008. Advising
undergraduates in the Philosophy Major and Minor at the
Lincoln Center campus, making course schedules, hosting
department events, and maintaining our course webpages.
- Associate Director of Environmental Studies:
2005 - spring 2008.
Advising undergraduates in the Environmental Studies
Minor at the Lincoln Center campus; directing student
internships for credit at several locations in the New
York City region.
- Committees. Examples of my regular committee
work during the academic year include:
- Environmental Policy Major Executive Committee (2008 -
- Directed three completed dissertations, with two more
in progress (2006 - 2012)
- Committee member for several graduate student
comprehensive oral exams (2008 - 2012)
- Modern Comprehensive Exam for the M.A. degree and
doctoral candidacy (several years -- prior system)
- Dissertation reader for 22 students receiving the
Ph.D. at Fordham (1999 -2012)
- Dissertation proposal defense committees (many)
- Departmental graduate admissions committee for M.A.
and Ph.D. programs (two years)
- Department Hiring Committees for junior and senior
positions (2008-9, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12)
- Department Lectures and Invited Speakers Committee
- Department Executive Committee (three years)
- FCLC College Council representative for Philosophy
& Environmental Studies (2004-2008)
- Strategic Planning Task Force on Central
Administration (for Middle States review, 2001)
- Senior Values Seminar subcommittee of the Arts and
Sciences Council (2003 - 2009).
- Refereeing book manuscripts, book proposals, and
essays for various publishers and philosophy journals
(Cambridge, Oxford, Routledge, Palgrave Macmillan,
Inquiry, Faith and Philosophy, IPQ,
- President of the Søren
Society of North America (2010 - 2011). In this
capacity, I organized the Society's sessions at the
American Academy of Religion, planned our banquet, sent
emails to members, and worked to find new officers to
stand in upcoming elections.
- Vice-President of the Søren Kierkegaard Society of
North America (2007- 2009). In this capacity, I
organized the Society's email list and some of its
webpages on recent books and for sessions at APA
- APA Representative for the Søren Kierkegaard Society
of North America ( fall 2003 - fall 2008). In this
capacity, I put out two calls for papers and referee
submission for two group sessions at two different
meetings of the American Philosophical Association per
year. See this link for the SK Society's current Call for
Papers and Conference Announcements.
||2007-2008 Professor of the Year
Award, Graduate Student Association, Fordham University
NEH Summer Stipend, 2004:
for work on a new book project, Autonomy and